LINC-SA is: The Lutheran Intercity Network Coalition of San Antonio
Mission: LINC San Antonio, a 501 (c)(3), is a coalition of Lutheran congregations and ministries, combining efforts and resources to intentionally reach the multi-cultural and urban settings of San Antonio with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, to equip and train servant leaders for ongoing ministry, and to care for the spiritual and physical needs of our neighbors, in the name of Jesus Christ.
History: It all started with the dream of reaching people in the changing landscape of San Antonio with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Pastors and lay leaders met to discuss the vision and idea for a ministry that would reach out to the entire city. After many meetings and planning sessions, seeking the Lord’s guidance, LINC San Antonio was developed. The Texas District of the Lutheran Church, Missouri Synod helped facilitate the beginnings of the ministry. In 2010, LINC received 501(c)3 tax exempt status and in November of 2011, the first two staff members were installed. LINC continues to grow and develop, by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Faith Alone, Grace Alone, Scripture Alone
– Needs-focused: a holistic approach
– Gospel and Great Commission led
- Connecting people to Jesus: reaching the lost, discipling the found
– Reaching out to all cultures, ethnicities, and ages
– Starting new ministries in the San Antonio area
– Supporting existing ministries in the San Antonio area
– Developing servant leaders through training and ongoing support
– Cultivating indigenous, missional leadership
– Working toward self-supporting ministries
– Nurturing organic evangelism and outreach
– Faithful stewardship of resources